Akura specialises in the delivery of complete design and construct services for applications within the industrial, agricultural and commercial sectors.
Whilst our expertise is in end-to-end D&C, we do also offer lock-up packages in addition to property development services.
The cost is dependent on a number of factors including the complexity and size of your project along with Akura’s scope of works. By engaging Akura to deliver the complete D&C Building Solution, we can apply our experience to the design and fabrication process; optimising it for steel benefits, thereby allowing us the ability to pass on considerable cost savings to our customers.
Absolutely. We understand that the construction of a new building is a major undertaking, and pride ourselves on making the process as easy and simple as possible. Our Project Consultants can meet with you wherever best suits you to discuss your requirements.
Yes. However, by engaging Akura to develop the drawings we have the ability to integrate design factors for steel efficiencies resulting in cost savings.
- Development of plans – Through a consultative process, our team of architects and engineers work to understand the requirements of your building; to ensure it is as pleasing on the eye as it is functional. We also take into consideration future plans along with how best to make use of the land to achieve maximum space utilisation.
- Obtaining permits and approvals – Courtesy of our long-standing relationships, we have the ability to streamline the processing of plans through council; traditionally one of the most tedious aspects of a construction project.
- Construction – When you engage Akura to construct your building, our attention to detail, presence on-site along with the fact that we own our trucks, mobile cranes and earthmoving equipment, allows us the ability to control every aspect of construction; achieving maximum project efficiency in terms of meeting costs and deadlines without forgoing quality.
- Project Management – Our Project Management team are involved from day one, helping to tailor the design, get it through Council and oversee its successful development to ensure it fully meets the needs of the project. The emphasis is on a seamless relationship with our clients from the word go. This is complemented with a highly experienced Site Manager, who oversees day-to-day on-site activities including WHS issues.
- Landscaping – Often the forgotten element in a design and construct project; landscaping is reflective of the nature of your business thus plays an important role in your branding strategy. Our team helps to select durable and low-maintenance landscaping options and then oversee its implementation.
- Interior Design and fit-out – Much like landscaping, the appearance of your work environment not only impacts your customer’s perception of your business, but plays a significant role in employee morale and productivity. Our team specialise in delivering modern and efficient work spaces where your employees are not only safe, but also happy and comfortable.
- Site location
- Intended use of building
- Building requirements and specifications
- Timeframe – when do you want to start, when do you want to move in
Akura has the flexibility to implement changes after construction commences within reason. If the project scope changes; for instance you would like to add an awning to your structure, we have the capacity to integrate this into the existing design and construct accordingly. We will always work to ensure your requirements are met.
You will be allocated with a specific Project Manager from the very beginning who will work with you throughout the entire process.
Absolutely. Akura’s focus is on taking a collaborative approach with our customers. This means we provide regular updates regarding the progress of your project throughout each phase.
- We are a family owned business with strong rural values, thus we have both a professional and personal interest in delivering high quality outcomes, underpinned by friendly and approachable staff.
- Our experienced construction team means that we don’t sub-contract your project out like many builders do today
- We are supported by our ability to manufacture both structural steel and precast concrete panels which allows for shorter lead times, flexibility to make changes to the construction and cost efficiencies associated with dealing direct with the manufacturer – us!
- Our innovative design team work to ensure your project is as pleasing to the eye as it is functional.
- Expert Project Managers are involved from day one, helping to tailor the design, get it through Council and oversee its successful development to ensure it fully meets your needs.
- Because we own our trucks, mobile cranes and earthmoving equipment we have near complete control of construction.
- We have a team of highly experienced and skilled people, who are the best at what they do and are committed to achieving customer satisfaction.
Absolutely. Akura has a large portfolio of completed projects, only some of which are listed on the website. Our staff can provide you with details of specific projects similar to yours, or we can also organise a site visit so you can see first-hand the quality of our work. This also provides you with the opportunity to speak with past customers and get their take on what is like working with Akura.
Standard payment terms are 10% deposit with order, fortnightly progress claims are issued throughout the project, with the balance payable upon practical completion of the project
We have many happy customers as proof! Akura can provide you with details of past customers to discuss with them the process of working with Akura and why they recommend using us.
What happens if building costs are too expensive and we decide not to proceed, but want to use the plans at a future date?
No problem. We can review at any time.
Generally speaking, it takes approximately 5-8 months from concept to completion. However this largely depends on the complexity of the project.
- You are allocated a dedicated Project Manager who manages all aspects of the project from the initial concept through to the final handover – this ensures ease of client contact and provides peace of mind knowing there is one person dedicated specifically to your project
- Allows you to focus on the core process of running your business
- Removes the accountability for safety risks from you
- Results in improved project timelines
- In our experience ends up being more cost effective
- Ensures a quality outcome