Akura specialises in the delivery of complete end-to-end design and construct services for applications within the industrial, commercial and agriculture sectors.
With over 40 years’ experience in the construction industry, our focus is on delivering turnkey projects that are fit for purpose, arrive within budget and ultimately provide the best possible return on investment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to our continued growth and expansion into the Sydney market we are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Contracts Administrator to join our dynamic and driven team. The role will be based out of the Penrith Office. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and will assist our Project Team in the control, administration and delivery of construction contracts to ensure project delivery.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for building rapport with contractors and other stakeholders, compiling reports for distribution to key stakeholders on time, coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within budget and timelines, analyse and plan for operational performance improvements and identify and resolve issues in project operations processes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure site supervisory staff are aware of the project's scope of works and inclusions in tender packages
- Preparation of tender documentation required for the procurement of sub-contractors including tender and pricing schedules, scope of works, comparative tender analysis and recommendations.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Liaise with client regarding progress claims to Head Contract
- All subcontractor and materials procurement
- Manage and maintain project budgets in liaison with company finance team
- Preparation of Head Contract variations
- Assessing subcontractor claims and variations
- Preparation of WH&S documentation and the delivery of Subcontractor SWM’s to site
- Proficient in the full MS Office suite
- Ability to read drawings and programs
- Proven ability to build rapport and manage relationships
- Proven ability to manage a constantly changing workload with multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Building, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Solid experience working as a Contracts Administrator with similar responsibilities on large scale building projects (min 5 years)
- Understanding of commercial and legal issues pertaining to head contracts
- A working knowledge of major building trades
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience in quantity surveying/estimating
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Strong experience in tender processes and trade procurement
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate contracts
- Financial understanding and knowledge of construction costs
- Strong attention to detail, time management, organisation and communication skills
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Growing workload
- Dynamic working environment
- Motivated and friendly team
- Opportunity for progression to a project management role
- Opportunity to gain experience from construction professionals