Based in Bathurst NSW, Akura is a fast growing family owned business focused on the delivery of building solutions across our three core capabilities:
- U-Select System (structural building packages comprised structural steel and precast panels manufactured by Akura)
- Akura Turnkey (complete design and construct solutions)
- Industrial Property Development
With over 40 years’ experience in the construction industry, our integrated approach allows us to streamline and simplify the ordinarily complex building process; providing considerable cost and time savings for our clients.
As a family business we have both a professional and personal interest in delivering a high-quality outcome; underpinned by staff who are driven, are exceptional planners, innovative in their approach and believe that effective communication is key.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A position has become available for an experienced Draftsman to join our collaborative and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working across multiple projects and completing shop drawings ready for manufacture.
You will work closely with our Pre-Construction Manager, Production Manager and Construction Team to produce highly accurate drafting detailing for both structural steel and precast panels, along with components used in building design and manufacture.
Your ability to work effectively and efficiently will be critical to ensuring progression of projects are in line with time targets.
Position can be located in our Head Office located in Bathurst, NSW or our location in Western Sydney.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for getting it right
- Competency with Tekla software
- Understanding of building design
- Detailing of both structural steel and precast panels
- Experience with Revit is an advantage
- Attractive salary to match experience and qualifications
- A fast-paced work environment striving to delight our customers with quicker delivery than elsewhere
- Motivated and friendly team
- The opportunity to be part of developing a standard range of more efficient structural design elements
- Located in Western Sydney or Bathurst office