Precast Concrete panels in construction
- Precast panels can be designed to handle structural building loads which minimises the requirement for other structural components
- They have the ability to be efficiently manufactured which provides both cost and time savings for the end user
- Installation is immediate; thus providing significant operation efficiencies given there is no requirement to wait for the panels to gain strength and weather does not delay production
- The quality and uniformity of precast panels is to the highest standard given tightly controlled processes and plant environments
- Precast panels have exceptional longevity, they do not deteriorate, lose strength or degrade due to exposure to sunlight or freezing temperatures
- Precast concrete possesses excellent insulation properties; a fantastic advantage in industrial and commercial applications
- Precast concrete is comprised of natural materials, thus is non-toxic and environmentally safe
- Panels can be erected onto a steel frame which generally saves considerable time in comparison to the use of other materials
Steel and precast systems
Furthermore, precast panels combined with structural steel as a construction system allows for time and cost efficiencies, in addition to having the ability to minimise people and equipment on-site, not to mention delivery and erection can be better streamlined.
Fortunately Akura’s in-house capability to manufacture both structural steel and precast concrete panels allows us to provide a number of time and cost efficiencies for our clients.